The church was erected in 1809 at a cost of $4,500. It was located on the village green facing north. Methodists and Episcopalians built the church as a Union Church, meaning that it could be used by any religious society. In 1832, the Methodists built their own church and St. John’s was consecrated as an Episcopal Church by Bishop Brownell. In 1844, land was donated to the church by Charles S. Phelps of New York and the building was moved to its present location across the street from the green. In 1979, a history of the first 170 years of St. John’s was published. It details at length the interesting journey the people of St. John’s have made.
Non-Ecumenical participation opportunities
Vestry Membership – Laurie Bessette or Jim O’Neil
Johnny’s Birthday Party Planners – Bobbi Mazurek
Counters – Rich Adessa
Finance Committee – Rich Adessa
Stewardship Committee – Rich Adessa, Jim O’Neil or Laurie Bessette
Flower Ministry – Carol Hall
Deanery & Convention Delegates – Betty Silva
Vestry: Laurie Bessette, Co-Warden; Jim O’Neil, Co-Warden;
Rich Adessa, Treasurer; Bobbi Mazurek, Clerk;
Doreen O’Neil, Gary Bessette, Jesse Bessette and Debbie Boone.