We are a friendly, welcoming, and resilient faith community that celebrates the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion in obedience to the teaching of Jesus Christ. Our history within the community dates back more than 200 years. The congregation continues to be a Faithful, Family Blessed Church, and a light to the Community.
Where are we going?
It is our hope to continue in God’s Love and Christian Mission to continue to welcome new members, opening the doors to opportunities to the future and experience new ways to bring Christian education, Community Fellowship, and Pastoral Outreach to our community that will bring us closer to His purpose.
St. John’s Church was built in 1809 at a cost of $4,500. It was located on the village green facing north. Methodists and Episcopalians built the church as a Union Church, meaning that it could be used by any religious society. In 1832, the Methodists built their own church and Bishop Brownell consecrated St. John’s as an Episcopal Church. In 1844, Charles S. Phelps of New York donated land to the church and the building was moved to its present location across the street from the green.
The Parish Hall was originally constructed in 1897. This building contains a chapel, rector and administrative offices, Christian education and music room, nursery and full kitchen. The Hall is used by a variety of community organizations, private events, and church socials. The Church Rectory is located within a few feet of the Church and Parish Hall.
The vestry is the legal representative of the parish with regard to all matters pertaining to its corporate property. Vestry members are elected at the annual parish meeting. The presiding officer of the vestry is the rector. The basic responsibilities of the vestry are to help define and articulate the mission of the congregation; to support the church’s mission by word and deed, to select the rector, to ensure effective organization and planning, and to manage resources and finances.
92 Main Street
East Windsor, Connecticut 06088
Laurie Bessette, Co-Warden – 860-803-9536
Jim O’Neil, Co-Warden – 860-519-3690
Send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!